Tuesday 26 October 2010

The Media Festival, The Actual Event Advertised & Setting The Date...

I have arranged a meeting with Kate, a manager at the Business Design Centre in London at 1.30pm on Thursday 28th October 2010. This meeting will be to discuss space, facilities, package of what we are after etc. Kate has been very helpful on the emails so hopefully she will be able to give us the information we need. Myself (Lisa) and Elliot will be attending and will be documenting the meeting (photographs, minutes) etc which will be available from the weekend online.


I received an e-mail from Nabeen at The Media Festival, Manchester 17th - 19th November 2010. The tickets are currently at £729 for 2 tickets, I have managed to whittle him down to £200+VAT for 2 tickets! IF we book by the end of the week. I think Adam had the idea to ask Sarah Barrow (Head of Media) if we could 'represent' the University at an event such as this one, and if so if the Media dept would be able to contribute towards the cost of the event.
I have arranged with my parents that the four of us can stay at their address as they only live about 30-40mins away from Manchester so that saves us paying for accommodation and if I drive to Manchester and back the total price of petrol would be around £40-50 which we can split between us all. So hopefully we can get this booked soon, it will not interfere with our studies and I think it will be very beneficial to us to attend.


ALSO....I have been a busy body and created an actual event! This will be advertised online on this site only for now, just to see if we have any response for it... now currently it is showing that we have actual tickets available for sale...should anyone pay for these tickets, I will reimburse them immediately as this is not an actual event. 


The Actual Event!

I have set the date for 29th - 31st July 2010. It is just after everyone has graduated so the graduates will have their best work available, the industry will be looking for graduates to join their companies...I think it is a good time to do the event.


So thats me so far! Updates after Thursday and hopefully a team meeting next weekend before we all go back to University (week 7). 


Enjoy Reading Weeks Guys!!


Lisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment